About the Society
The World Society for Transport and Land Use Research is the group that organizes the symposia and fulfills other aims of the Society.
If you are interested in participating in this exciting international endeavor, we encourage you to become a member of the society. The fee is $75 for a three-year membership.
Join the World Society for Transport and Land Use Research via PayPal
Contact Professor João António de Abreu e Silva (University of Lisbon) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our purpose as a society is to promote the interdisciplinary understanding of interactions between transport and land use and to provide a forum for debate and a mechanism for dissemination of research, while encouraging diverse viewpoints and backgrounds in our membership and activities. Our specific aims include:
- Exchanging and disseminating ideas and information at an international level on all aspects of the theory, analysis, modeling, and evaluation of transport-land use interactions and related policy,
- Encouraging high-quality research and application in the land use and transport interaction areas, through sponsored debates (such as the WSTLUR symposium), publications, and promotion of our activities.
- Sponsoring and supporting the Journal of Transport and Land Use to publish recent developments in the field.
- Fostering contacts among professionals within and between various countries and different disciplines, via the promotion of conferences, seminars, and workshops on all aspects of transport-land use interaction.
- Encouraging participation from traditionally under-represented scholars throughout all of the organization's activities, along dimensions of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, country of origin, and others.
The WSTLUR bylaws have been created to guide the Society and govern its members and activities.
- Chair - Ahmed M. El-Geneidy, Professor, McGill School of Urban Planning (January 2015-January 2021)
- Vice-Chair João António de Abreu e Silva, Associate Professor, Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon (January 2015-January 2021)
- Dan Chatman, Associate Professor of City and Regional Planning, University of California Berkeley (January 2015-January 2021)
- Kelly J Clifton, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Portland State University (January 2018-January 2024)
- Carey Curtis, Honorary Professorial Fellow, University of Melbourne (January 2018-January 2024)
- Dick Ettema, Associate Professor, Human Geography and Planning, University of Utrecht (January 2015-January2021)
- Treasurer - Yingling Fan, Associate Professor, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota (January 2015-January 2021)
- Susan Handy, Professor and Director, National Center for Sustainable Transportation, University of California, Davis (January 2018-January 2024)
- Jennifer Kent, Research Fellow, Urban and Regional Planning, University of Sydney (January 2018-January 2024)
- Kara Kockelman, Professor & William J. Murray Jr. Fellow, Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (January 2018-January 2024)
- Robert Schneider, Associate Professor, Department of Urban Planning, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (January 2015-January 2021)
- Cecília Silva, Assistant Professor, University of Porto (January 2018-January 2024)
- Ex-officio: David Levinson, Professor of Transport Engineering, University of Sydney (editor of the Journal of Transport and Land Use)
- Ex-officio: Past chair - Corinne Mulley, Professor Emerita , Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies, University of Sydney (2018-2021)
Former Board Members
- Past Treasurer - Jason (Xinyu) Cao, Professor, University of Minnesota (2012-2015)
- Zhan Guo, Associate Professor, Wagner School of Public Service and Research Director, Rudin Center for Transportation Policy and Management, New York University (2012-2015)
- Ex-officio: Kevin J. Krizek, Professor, University of Colorado (elections chair) (2012-2018)
- Petter Næss, Professor in Planning in Urban Regions, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, (2012-2018)
- Paul Waddell, Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of California, Berkeley (2012-2018)
- Past Secretary - Lei Zhang, Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland-College Park (2012-2015)