About the Society
The World Society for Transport and Land Use Research is the group that will be charged with organizing a second symposium in 2014 and fulfilling other aims of the Society.
If you are interested in participating in this exciting international endeavor, we encourage you to become a member of the society. The fee is $75 for a three-year membership.
Join the World Society for Transport and Land Use Research via PayPal
Contact Professor Corinne Mulley (University of Sydney) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of WSTLUR is to promote the understanding and analysis of the interdisciplinary interactions of transport and land use and to provide a forum for debate and a mechanism for the dissemination of information. More specifically the aims include:
- The exchange and dissemination of information at an international level on all aspects of the theory, analysis, modeling, and evaluation of transport-land use interactions and related policy.
- The encouragement of high-quality research and application in the above areas, through debates, publication, and promotion.
- The provision of a clearinghouse for information on recent developments in the field and to foster contacts among professionals within and between various countries and different disciplines.
- The promotion of international conferences, seminars, and workshops on all aspects of transport-land use interaction.
- The representation of the viewpoints of members to appropriate national and international bodies, as required by the membership.
- The preparation of regular communications to facilitate the above aims.
The WSTLUR bylaws have been created to guide the Society and govern its members and activities.
- Chair - Corinne Mulley, Chair in Public Transport, Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies, University of Sydney (2012-2018)
- João António de Abreu e Silva, Assistant Professor, Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon, Portugal (2015-2021)
- Dan Chatman, Associate Professor of City and Regional Planning, University of California Berkeley (2015-2021)
- Dick Ettema, Associate Professor, Human Geography and Planning, University of Utrecht (2015-2021)
- Treasurer - Yingling Fan, Associate Professor, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota (2015-2021)
- Susan Handy, Professor and Chair of Environmental Science and Policy, University of California, Davis (2012-2018)
- Carey Curtis, Professor, Curtin University, Perth, Australia (2012-2018)
- Vice Chair - Ahmed M. El-Geneidy, Associate Professor, McGill School of Urban Planning (2015-2021)
- Kara Kockelman, Professor & William J. Murray Jr. Fellow, Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (2012-2018)
- Petter Næss, Professor in Planning in Urban Regions, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Department of Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning (2012-2018)
- Robert Schneider, Assistant Professor University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Department of Urban Planning (2015-2021)
- Paul Waddell, Professor and Chair, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of California, Berkeley (2012-2018)
- Ex-officio: Kevin J. Krizek, Professor, University of Colorado (elections chair)
- Ex-officio: David Levinson, Braun/CTS Chair in Transportation, University of Minnesota (editor of the Journal of Transport and Land Use)
- Ex-officio: Past chair - Kelly J Clifton, Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Portland State University
Former Board Members
- Past Secretary - Lei Zhang, Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland-College Park (2012-2015)
- Past Treasurer - Jason (Xinyu) Cao, Associate Professor, University of Minnesota (2012-2015)
- Zhan Guo, Assistant Professor, Wagner School of Public Service and Research Director, Rudin Center for Transportation Policy and Management, New York University (2012-2015)